Monday, April 11, 2016

Request: Birthday amulet

"What's this? A necklace?" I asked. Jake was a strange guy, but I never expected such a gift from him.

My shy and awkward friend stared at the ground and shuffled his feet. "Its supposed to be a magic charm. It's supposed to bring luck."

Jake might have been shy and strange, but he was still my friend, so I humored him and put it on. Suddenly I felt dizzy, so I sat down on the ground. I could feel my body change, but I felt tingly and numb, and I could not move until the changes had stopped.

Jake looked at me with concern. "Are you all right?" he asked.

I smiled, now thinking of myself as Clarissa, Jake's loving girlfriend. "I'm more than all right. I love the amulet you gave me. Now get over your shyness and come kiss me. I have a feeling that you are going to get very lucky tonight, thanks to this amulet."

No comments:

Post a Comment