Monday, February 9, 2015

Nu-Life, part 1

(A tribute to the work that Sturkwork has generously shared on tgcomics.com)

"Don't you recognize me?"   the stunning brunette asked, blowing smoke from her cigar into my face.

"Should I?" I asked, clearly more interested in her lack of a bra than her name at the moment.

"It's me, Dennis," she said. That was clearly rubbish. Dennis was my bald, overweight friend who worked at Nu-Life. I made my skepticism known.

"If you had listened when I told you about our work with nanites, you might believe me, she continued. "Dr. Heizenkeizer finally found a way to use the morphonic resonator to transform organic matter into hyper-realistic synthetic sentient beings. He and I have replaced our original bodies and have upgraded ourselves to become VR-0-N1C/A model sexbots. While most Veronica models are mindless drones bound to their masters, we have found a way to maintain our free will. We will need it, if we are to deliver our gift to the human race."

I laughed. "Pull the other one. You're no android, and Dennis is a shithead prankster. You're talking about stuff that is impossible."

The woman smiled in a way that seemed eerily familiar. "You always were a skeptic, Matt. That's why I've been having you inhale the nanites that I've implanted in my cigar. We need you expertise if we're going to make our plan work. That's why we decided to have you join us."

Suddenly, I  felt dizzy...

No comments:

Post a Comment